According to the Department of Commerce, the following are different
small business statistics that have been gathered throughout recent
- Small businesses are responsible for 39% of GNP.
- Approximately 52% of all sales in the United States are from small businesses.
- Statistics and studies show that small businesses innovate more than larger companies.
- Over 54 million people are employed by a small company.
recent one year study showed that larger company employement dropped by
0.6% while employment in small businesses increased by 1.1%.
- Small businesses have increased overall employment by 13 million workers in just a recent one year timespan.
- Currently, there are over 20 million small businesses in the US.
Read more information about development, laws, and small business statistics at: http://www.commerce.gov/